Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yeah... 24... Is My Age...

Last week, I stumbled across the fact that this guy I've been hanging out with for a couple months has been lying to me-- about his age!

I mean, I've fibbed before. In my high school stage, I had to pretend to be 18 to post on Craigslist. However, I always let the guys who responded know that I was 17. None of them seemed to mind too much...

This guy, however, claimed to be 24 when he was actually 29. Obviously, that didn't settle with me. When I found out, I called him and bitched at him for a little bit, and I haven't talked to him since.

His age didn't matter all that much to me (although 29 is a little too old for me to date). What pissed me off was the fact that he lied, and I fell for it. I felt punk'd. Fooled. Beguiled.

It reminded me of a scene in my all-time favorite movie: John Tucker Must Die. Setup: John Tucker is on-stage of his birthday bash with the three girls whose hearts he had broken. He admits, "I lie to get girls," and these douchey-looking guys in the front of the crowd say, "And it's AWESOME! There's nothing wrong with hooking up with the finest girls in the school. You're the man!"

All I can say is: that's repulsive. Is that really a way to get guys?

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually 29, too.

    jk.

    I find the situation sad, yet amusing..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember this MormonAd from the New Era. It will explain everything

    http://www.divinecomedy.net/wp-content/gallery/mormonadz/joemillionaire.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that guy lied about a little thing, he has a good chance to lie again to you about other bigger things.

    Stop hanging out with him.

    ReplyDelete